“I hope you will consider responding to this call to assume a leadership and mentor role for the incoming freshmen class; to serve and give back to your University in a unique and powerful way while simultaneously molding and honing your leadership skills to become one of the leaders for which Ole Miss is known.” - AJ Barrios, 2012 Peer Mentor and ASB Cabinet Member
To become a peer mentor, you must be at least a sophomore by the fall of 2014 and in good academic standing and have the ability to attend all of our peer mentor training sections and your assigned Tuesday/Thursday section of EDHE 105 at least once a week. We also seek individuals who:
- Maintain a great enthusiasm and love for the university, its goals and its ideals.
- Possess knowledge of the academic and campus resources and are involved around campus.
- Have a sincere sensitivity and respect for diverse student populations.
- Are responsible, dependable and flexible.
- Can communicate well with all types of people.
- Want to work with freshmen students in both academic and extracurricular capacities.
- Can commit to a full semester of service
We have closed the application window for the 2014-2015 academic year. For more questions about the application process, please contact our Director of Peer Mentoring, Sarah Smitherman.